Thursday, March 31, 2005

Life in the Fast Lane...

Lately my life has been one big blur as events and moments pass by so quickly they're hard to notice. It's as if I'm a passenger on an express train and have to turn my head quickly to focus on things as they zip by. I've thought several times how nice it would be to buy a place in the country and slow my life down. Work the land and spend a lot of time with the family. It seems a shame we feel that we have to get old enough to retire before we think it's o.k. to make a drastic change. And by the time that day comes, most people are too tired or feeble to make it happen. They die with the though of "what if...". My wife is ready to pickup and move without a trace. But the kids are settled in school, and my work is close. I've applied at a few other places, to see what's out there and if something comes of it I may end up making some drastic change before gray wins.

5 Comments:

Blogger crossbearer said...

Oh don't we all want to slow our lives down! =(

7:58 PM  
Blogger James Ng said...

Gee.. it do feels like that loadsa times. Tell me when you tried the pace in Singapore.. Haha.

Well, but I had this notion. Perhaps, just perhaps, we should not be as hasty as we always are; in our thoughts, in our chores. Do a couple of things which we wanna do, put worries aside... And maybe.. We might find more peace.

Anyways, just droppin a note, cuz I always wondered who was the one who used this URL http://inspire.blogspot.com/

*grin* cuz I couldn't get it. Mine's http://in-spire.blogspot.com/

Take care!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Todd said...

It would be nice to put worries aside - even for a little while. I keep saying "one day..." but the day never comes.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Hub said...

There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Albert Einstein

life quotes

love quotes

humorous quotes

2:47 PM  
Blogger Akil said...

Just keep yourself mentally prepared for change. U r making the right dicision,which is to be happy.my blog

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home